Long Reef Cadets
New to Long Reef Memberships & Transfers from other clubs:
New members and their families – including new Nipper & Cadet Registrations
8am, 9 September 2020 – until places are full.
We wish we could take everyone! Places are limited.
Numbers are limited due to COVID 19 SLS Guidelines. Get in quick to ensure a place!
Nippers and SLS COVID Guidelines: The SLS and NSW COVID Guidelines are evolving. Please be patient while the team works through the SLS COVID Return to Sport Plan. Thanks!
The Long Reef SLSC Cadet Program offers a range of activities for the U14 to U17 age groups, catering for those who enjoy socialising with others through surf life saving, competing in a team environment, achieving surf life saving awards, working on community projects or any one of these areas.
Specifically, the Cadet Program objectives are to provide cadet members opportunities to:
- – Gain appropriate surf life saving skills,
- – Move easily through different opportunities within SLSA,
- – Be motivated and have fun while developing skills,
- – Be inspired to stay involved in SLSA over the longer term,
- – Develop as an athlete and surf sport competitor, representing Long Reef SLSC at SLS carnivals
The Cadet Program includes activities that focus on life saving (including water safety and patrol participation); leadership development (including development camps, Nipper support and committee representation); competition training; and the all important social evenings and time to enjoy the beach with friends.