The 2020 Long Reef SLSC AGM is THIS Sunday 2 August at 2pm!
The time has come to farewell a season like no other. One filled with natural disasters, cancelled competitions, a shortened patrolling season and a virus that has changed how we do things. We didn’t get a chance to properly farewell last season and as things are ever-evolving, sadly, our Longy-style end-of-season festivities will have to wait.
Sunday, 2 August 2020 at 2pm is the Long Reef SLSC AGM. We will hold our AGM, elect our new Management Committee and Officers and acknowledge our 2020 Award recipients following the AGM at 3pm. In these COVID times, there are some steps you need to take to attend. Please take the time to read this email.
As usual – in order to vote, you need to do a couple of things:
- Be financial (i.e. pay your membership fee) for the 2020-21 season, and
- Renew your SLS membership.
The meeting will look a bit different this year due to COVID regulations.There will be the physical meeting with limited places available due to NSW COVID guidelines. But don’t worry! You can also join us digitally via Zoom. 2019-20 Award presentations will follow the official AGM at 3pm. You will need to register for that one too and click the emailed link on Sunday afternoon. All details on how to book and register are below.
If you would like to get involved and hold one of the many available positions at Long Reef SLSC, we’d love to have you. Positions for nominations are below with nomination forms. Fill, sign and voila! Matt can answer any questions and help guide you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you in some shape or form!
2 August 2020 at 2pm (Awards to follow for 3pm).
*Note: We wish we could include everyone! Sadly, spaces are limited due to NSW COVID regulations. Voting members will be in the courtyard. Non-voting members get an aerial view via the upstairs roof-top deck. Thanks heaps for keeping to the social distancing guidelines of 1.5m. If you are attending the clubhouse, please fill out the COVID-19 Declaration here.
Who can vote at a Longy AGM?
In order to vote, you have to be a financial Long Reef SLSC member for the 2020-21 Season. That means you have paid AND renewed or joined SLSC for this season.
There are 3 Steps.
- Pay via the Long Reef SLSC shop. shop.longreef.com/collections/memberships
- Renew your membership via your Members Area Online Lifesaving account. You will need to update your personal registration details and sign declarations https://portal.sls.com.au
- Wait for a notice from our amazing Registrar. Your membership will be hanging around in a void called “Pending Membership Renewal” until payment and other details are verified.
Can all members in all categories vote at a Longy AGM?
According to the Long Reef SLSC Constitution:
- Life Members, Distinguished Service Members, Outstanding Service Members, Long Serving Members, Active Reserve Members and Active Members shall be entitled to vote (provided they are financial) at any General Meeting of the Club.
- Active Members = having a Bronze Medallion and performing Life Saving duties, and can include Probationary members. This does not include Associates ie. General and Associate Members.
How do I let people know I am attending the AGM?
How can I get involved with Longy - this great club?
- There are Officer positions that are available! All you need is a nomination and there will be a vote at the AGM. The positions are listed below.
- 2020 Long Reef SLSC Nomination Form.
- If you would like to help out, but one of these positions isn’t a good fit… no problem! Shoot us an email and we’ll get you in touch with the right people. Email: email@example.com
We need a Cadet Coordinator for the 2020-21 Season. See below to learn more!
Officers of the Club
- After Hours Emergency Contact
- Boat Captain
- Board and Ski Captain
- First Aid Officer
- Functions Coordinator
- Gear Steward
- IRB Captain
- IT Officer
- Member Protection Information Officers
- Officials Coordinator
- Race Secretary
- Registrar – Junior/Senior
- Shore Master
- Uniform and Merchandise
- Vice Captains
2019-20 Award Presentations - Sunday 2 August 2020 at 3pm.
Oh Longy … due to COVID this has been delayed and postponed and delayed again – and we are now restricted with numbers. This Sunday, after the AGM, the Award Winners will finally be presented. Don’t worry. When we are able, we will celebrate Longy-style, promised.
See you this Sunday!